Just NOT My Cup Of Tea...

So as many of you know I have been working as a Dental Assistant for about 4 1/2 years. I have only been working 3 days a week and have really enjoyed myself. It worked perfect with me going to school and having a part time job. On my days off I would go to the gym, clean my house, do homework, and attend the spa on occasion (by far my favorite thing)!! Needless to say the Doctor that I work for decided he wanted to buy another office and take me with him to start it up.... So you guessed it I'm now working 5 days a week. Let me just tell you I have NEVER worked 5 days a week in my whole life! So after the first week was over, I got home from work and I must have looked tired or something, because Thomas comes in and asked me what happen to you? The only response I had was "This working 5 days a week is just not my cup of tea!!" He probably laughed for about 10 minutes, and had no sympathy for me at all. The only thing he said was "welcome to the real world dear!!" And then proceed to laugh! I have now adjusted to this working 5 days a week, but my house is now a mess everyday, and dinner sometimes doesn't get cooked. But at least I'm staying on top of my 14 credit hours!

7 comments:
haha. That is funny. It is really hard working full time and feeling like you can still be a good wife. But hey, that is cool the Dentist wanted to have you work for him! :)
Allison, you KILL me!!!!!! Ha ha ha ha I LOVE IT! Right now I'm not working really either because West Ridge isn't too busy. So I'm going to school every day and also putting in 10 hrs. a week for my internship. I don't know what I'll do when I have to join the real world and work regular hours. But hey, at least you'll get more money as a result of more days. I love you and MISS you!
I can totally picture Tom saying that to you and then laughing! I hate working 5 days a week too! It doesn't leave any time for you! Good luck adjusting! Maybe Thomas will have to start making dinner!
SO funny! I can picture how the whole things went down....I could hear Thomas saying that and laughing and you complaining about working 5 days a week. Congrats, I am so proud of you :) And for staying on top of school! Can't wait to see you! I miss your face SO much!!
Hey Meem! Cute posts!! Work definitely stinks sometimes but I'm sure you'll manage. Just think of the extra $$$$!! It will be worth it.
Meem
I know you're like on va-ca, but update the blog dude.
thanks for letting jay crash and ride with you guys. I love our family.
Hey Allison.. Im Glad you found our blog, i didnt know you had one... Anyway, you guys look so happy. Im so jealous of that trip you got to take. That would me such a cool place to see! Hope all is well! -Whit
Post a Comment